Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 2 20 posts 1, 2  Next
Production Blog Entry for 04/14/2009 PostTue Apr 14, 2009 6:36 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2391The Internet
Steve Rippin', Production Assistant:

Welcome one and all to week six of Season 13. It is true we are tired. It is true we only have two more episodes to share with you until the fall. It is true I like Baby Blues BBQ (which we had for dinner). It is true that the Easter Bunny is real. He came to South Park and delivered candy apples and oddly Season 12 on DVD.
People often call up and ask what we do with our time when we work on holidays such as Easter. South Park town shuts down for no one! NO ONE! Not even Jesus! This Easter, while working, I had the privilege to interview someone very special here at South Park…PA Kenny. The transcription is as follows via good ole’ fashion G-chat:

Steve: So Kenny, happy Easter.
Kenny: Happy zombie Jesus day to you sir.
Steve: Where you from?
Kenny: Milwaukee
Steve: Oh, I’m sorry! Moving on. –Audience laughs-
Kenny: So what’s the scoop on the episode this week?
Steve: Well honestly I’m very pumped because I once raced a pinewood derby car.
Kenny: I love pinewood derby cars!!!! They’re my third favorite derby car!
Kenny: How was it coming in to work on Easter?
Steve: It was weird considering I’ve never worked on Easter... wait aren’t I the one interviewing you?
Kenny: Well, what made you want to interview me?
Steve: Frankly I’m fascinated by the way you answer phones and your food choices are terrific. How do you go about selecting the crew’s snacks?
Kenny: Why thank you! You’re no slouch yourself! Well, I think about what I want to eat, and then I consider how much money I can spend on the stuff that I want, then if I have any money left over I try to buy snacks for the rest of the crew.
Steve: Ok. Fair enough. What’s your favorite color?
Kenny: So basically if I get $100 to buy snacks with, I spend $98 dollars on Lean Pockets and $2 on fruit and veggies. Orange.
Steve: Delicious and healthy!
Steve: This was a weird interview. I’m not exactly sure why we just did that.
Kenny: Well Steve, great question!
Steve: What?
Kenny: What’s your favorite thing about working at South Park?
Steve: The interviews over.
Kenny: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT WORKING AT SOUTH PARK?
Steve: I guess it’s the free food and the millions of fans that ask for my autograph.
Kenny: Nice…no one asks for your autograph do they?
Steve: Kenny…
Kenny: Ok fine.
Steve: Good.
Kenny: one more thing…
Steve: No.

Yes, I agree that was weird. I also agree it was possibly a bit pointless, but I wanted to give the faithful blog readers some insight as to what we do with the little down time we have here.

PS… a congratulatory mention in next weeks blog to the person who pokes Nathan Chaffetz (PA Nate) the most this week on the Facebook. If you have to friend him first, do it! Please be relentless in your poking 17 to 15 times a day is suitable. And also a mention for the person who has the weirdest hometown name (I have no idea why I wrote that but I am curious.) Enjoy this week’s show…

DOUBLE PS: If you race pinewood derby cars let me know!!! I will kick your asses!!

Love and Hugs and …

PA Steve
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/14/2009 PostTue Apr 14, 2009 7:01 pm
Steve Rippin' wrote:
Kenny: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT WORKING AT SOUTH PARK?

Steve: I guess it’s the free food and the millions of fans that ask for my autograph.

Free food sounds great and I'll trade you my autograph for your autograph.

I too raced pinewood derby cars in the boy scouts. It did not roll straight :?

Can't wait until tomorrow's episode. Only 27 more hours in my time zone.

Thanks for the production blog update.

-BigCamera4892
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/14/2009 PostTue Apr 14, 2009 7:16 pm Offline
Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:05 pm6155in
Steve, can I have your autograph? And can you get Matt's and Trey's autograph as well? That will be swell.... </me talking to nobody>
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/14/2009 PostTue Apr 14, 2009 8:11 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18920I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I want the autograph of everybody. All the time. Right now.
The end of that interview read like a conversation with the South Park Mall manager. Oh. What? Hey! ...What?

I already told of my pine derby experiences in the pre-air discussion thread, but I'll hit the high points fer ya.

Uhm, first one was in Scouts... 3rd, 4th grade? Somewhere in there. They were the gravity-driven ones, and I think I got a pre-carved body. I don't remember how it did in the race though.
In the 7th grade I got to do it again in Wood Shop, but got to carve it out of a solid piece of 2x4. They were also powered by a Co2 cartridge. All the other guys were going for streamlined and light, taking as much material as possible off of their bodies. Me, I went for "style". And tried to make one the shape of a Ford Taurus station wagon. Unfortunately I only got the basic shape cut out before I transferred to another school across town, and didn't get to finish it. They ran it anyway, and it came in second to last.
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/14/2009 PostTue Apr 14, 2009 9:07 pm Offline
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am498My own private torture chamber
That interview made me giggle. I particularly enjoyed the part where Kenny took over.

Thanks for the laughs! :timmy:
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/14/2009 PostTue Apr 14, 2009 10:21 pm Offline
Wed May 28, 2008 12:42 am1
Quote:
And also a mention for the person who has the weirdest hometown name (I have no idea why I wrote that but I am curious.)

I'm from a town called Orgas. As in one letter short of "orgasm." No, this hasn't gotten me a lot of weird stares and awkward jokes when I travel out of state at all. And if someone has a hometown name weirder than that, then I'm curious, too.

P.S. Can I have your autograph?
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/14/2009 PostTue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 pm Offline
Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:28 pm0
I don't think its my autograph you want...Poke PA Nate and we'll see.. thats top priority this week.

- PA steve
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/14/2009 PostTue Apr 14, 2009 10:35 pm Offline
Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:28 pm0
I made an avatar real quick... hope it comes up.. or I'm just posting for nothing,,... :santa:
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/14/2009 PostTue Apr 14, 2009 10:36 pm
PASteve wrote:
I don't think its my autograph you want...Poke PA Nate and we'll see.. thats top priority this week.

- PA steve

Sorry, Steve, I'm not on Facebook :(

And yes, I do want your autograph.

My offer stands: I'll trade you. Your autograph for mine!

-BC

PASteve wrote:
I made an avatar real quick... hope it comes up.. or I'm just posting for nothing,,... :santa:

No, the Avatar Creator is currently having problems with Flash 10. You have to downgrade to Flash 9, create your Avatar, then reinstall Flash 10.
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/14/2009 PostTue Apr 14, 2009 10:57 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18920I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Yeah, it took a couple of days for my avi to show up the last time I changed it. then it was all funky, and I had to change it again and wait a few days more for it to process and correct itself.
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/14/2009 PostWed Apr 15, 2009 4:06 am Offline
Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:47 am51
The funniest joke, ever
-----------------------
My girlfriend doesn't put out, she puts it in!

(Okay - so maybe it was just me who thought it was funny. Make up your own mind.)

The Truth about Queefs and Farts
--------------------------------
Farts smell bad. The only person who doesn't think farts smell bad is yourself. AND BOTH SEXES think farts and queefs smell bad.

I believe that the pelvis has the ability to send "sweat signals" to attract mates. Both man and woman have it, but man has the exterior and woman has the interior. Both want sex equally, but man thinks with his mind, and woman thinks with her heart. Both are good concepts, but they are not whole until fidelity is gained in a marriage.

Be yourself! That is the beauty of life.
Last edited by Mackerni on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/14/2009 PostWed Apr 15, 2009 4:15 am Offline
Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:47 am51
PASteve wrote:

I always had the dream of being one of the co-writers of South Park...

Is that possible? (Probably not, I can understand as it's Matt and Tray's invincible project.)

At least I can be an inspiration to them. :twisted:
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/14/2009 PostThu Apr 16, 2009 2:19 am Offline
Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:04 am0
Nathan has sadly made his profile unavailable for searching. Douche. Hahaha!
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/14/2009 PostThu Apr 16, 2009 2:21 am Offline
Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:04 am0
Mackerni wrote:
PASteve wrote:

I always had the dream of being one of the co-writers of South Park...

Is that possible? (Probably not, I can understand as it's Matt and Tray's invincible project.)

At least I can be an inspiration to them. :twisted:

Considering you've already misspelled a "prospective employer's" name, you're probably out of the running.
Re: Production Blog Entry for 04/14/2009 PostThu Apr 16, 2009 5:05 am Offline
Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:48 pm6
Thanks for all the hard work guys!

This is my favorite episode

– and the best one EVER !

Sort by  
Page 1 of 2 20 posts 1, 2  Next